Friday, January 21, 2011

How Long and Tall and Wide?

Here is another great thrifty find. It's called "How to Measure". This box contains several different cards with various pictures on them, as well as a whole bunch of 2cm plastic cubes.



The object is to place the cubes along side the picture on the card and see how long, tall or wide each object is.

On the other side of the card you can compare other household items to see if they are the same size as the picture on the front.


Quite the interesting measuring lesson.

4 comments:

Mindy said...

I love finding educational activities! They make learning more exciting. Sometimes, they don't even know they're learning. :) They think they're just having fun.

Heather Leavers said...

we actually had a set like that in school when I was teaching - and I've only left a few years ago!

Anonymous said...

I like that! It seems so simple yet so awesome for a little one.

[æʃliː sowlis] said...

Hi, theladyashuko from SB here. I'm a college student (with no children! XD) but I'm enjoying flipping through your blog and reminiscing about the stuff I read and played with as a small child. I remember I had a book called "How things work" or something to that effect. Specifically I remember it explained why the sky was blue, but that is a fact I've forgotten as an adult!

Share This Idea!